Creative Plant Rentals - Plant Tips
Follow our top 10 tips, (based on extensive research),
to help your houseplants last longer and look lovelier:
- Buy plants from a reputable source & inspect them
before you buy
- Pay attention to the natural habitat of the plant, &
its preferred light & heat levels. Try to reproduce the conditions
it would find in the wild.
- Most plants prefer to dry out a little between thorough
- Water from below - stand them in a dish of water until
all the water has been taken up. Feed regularly to keep them healthy.
- Remember to use the correct plant food for flowering/foliage
- Plants that like high humidity need regular, preferably
daily misting; stand them in a saucer of damp pebbles to encourage
additional localised humidity.
- Give broad glossy leaves an occasional wipe with a cloth
- Pinching out the tips of some houseplants can encourage
them to grow bushier; keeping flowering plants slightly potbound
makes them flower more.
- Avoid strong heat or chilly draughts. Many houseplants
like to be outdoors in summer - check all frosts are over first.
Do not buy plants that have been standing in the cold, as they may
- Check your plants regularly for signs of stress, pests
or disease. Remove dead leaves and flowers as they occur.